Spring is nice for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heat or air.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Champaign and keeping costs lower.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power bills down.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in newer AC systems is a big benefit for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the lower your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can turn to several other methods to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and change the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs down. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the best product for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.