Scheduling routine AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your AC unit in Champaign operating at its best performance while keeping energy usage down. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few things you can finish alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Chief/Bauer Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that includes a large dose of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures near, it’s also a good idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great time to get your AC unit freshened and checked out. Delaying to flip it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you may be waiting awhile for a tech. And that might become extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean air conditioning system will help assure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Myself?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the ultimate condition:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and can reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very necessary if you deal with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn upkeep by the outside condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your system, since this could impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Chief/Bauer Service Experts at 217-689-2469, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then we’ll start the finer details. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially skip problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from soil and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is turning on, cooling and turning off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need extra service, we are ready to give you the most economical solution. Finding potential issues early could solve more expensive troubles in the future. This also gives you time to save if your AC is aging.
When you are looking for a modern AC system, our Experts will assist you to find the ideal unit for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to schedule your maintenance? Contact us at 217-689-2469 or schedule an appointment online now.