Scheduling routine AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your AC unit in Champaign operating at its best performance while keeping energy usage small. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can finish by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Chief/Bauer Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can complete alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that includes a big dose of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures near, it’s also a good idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is the best time to get your AC equipment scrubbed and checked out. Hesitating to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or a new unit, you might be waiting awhile for a technician. And that might become extremely unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a clean cooling system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the ultimate condition:
- Replace your air filter suggests each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the outside condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your equipment, since this could impede airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Chief/Bauer Service Experts at 217-689-2469, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then we’ll begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is switching on, operating and turning off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that need extra work, we are set to give you the most cost-effective choice. Uncovering potential troubles early could solve more expensive troubles in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is getting older.
When you are looking for a modern cooling system to help make your new equipment fit your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to schedule your maintenance? Call us at 217-689-2469 or schedule an appointment online now.