There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Champaign. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The experts at Chief / Bauer Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather reaches Champaign, too. Check out some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace works at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Champaign this season.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance performed can save you money if worse problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Chief / Bauer Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Champaign, give us a call at or schedule an appointment with Chief / Bauer Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.