We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share common furnace and heating issues Champaign homeowners often call Chief/Bauer Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Champaign home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
Every one of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Chief/Bauer Service Experts can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could advert almost all heating problems that leaves your home with no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Don’t forget – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Chief/Bauer Service Experts of Champaign at 217-689-2469 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.