It’s frosty out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Chief/Bauer Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.