No matter what the weather outside in Champaign, the temperature in your home dictates how comfortable your family will be. Find the right temp and your house will be a enjoyable escape from it all. But if your home comfort system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time for a deeper look at the way you’re managing your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a solid system or a poor performer. Start this brief quiz from Chief/Bauer Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is coming up fast in Champaign. How do you prep your system?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing at all. It will be fine.
- You’re planning an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your solution?
- Instruct my friends to bring chilled beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before people show up.
- Turn on my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What will you do when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Let my contractor to make the decision and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Save worries and costs by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the fanciest system currently available in Champaign.
- When you receive your next monthly utility bill, what do you anticipate you’ll discover?
- It will cost more. My HVAC bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Dig out my toolbox and use a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Call a skilled technician to check it out.
- Ignore it and pray it goes away.
Now tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are helping you out. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for down the road. But if you answered any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your HVAC perform better. Read on to learn how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Set Up Yearly Maintenance While changing your air filter and cleaning your vents are useful tasks to ready your system for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is helpful to complete the process. During a seasonal visit, your professional technician will manage a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re in your home, your HVAC service pro will keep an eye out for more severe headaches for your HVAC. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained heating and cooling systems can have complications on occasion. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that much needed service to homeowners at no other cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some HVAC systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Build a strategy now to bypass last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It brings you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front charges. And as an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and don’t ignore it when they radically change. Your electricity bills can present more than your monthly charges. If you’re noticing a steady climb in your expenses but no difference in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your system. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Act when you detect an odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than annoying. It is telling you something is wrong with your equipment. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left alone it could make for a costly repair in the future. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t treat it right. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, added costs and annoyance. And if your equipment just isn’t doing its job anymore, consider installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!