How Are Your HVAC Habits Impacting Your Budget?
No matter what the weather outside in Champaign, the temperature in your home dictates how comfortable your family will feel. Find the right temp and your rooms will be a enjoyable escape from the world. But if your home comfort system isn’t working the right way, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Take time for a deeper look at the way you’re handling your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a superstar system or a problematic performer. Work through this brief quiz from Chief/Bauer Service Experts to find out more.
- The warm season is not far away in Champaign. How do you prep your system?
- Change out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re planning an event on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your solution?
- Instruct my visitors to bring icy beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before people show up.
- Switch on my fans and wish for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What will you do when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Have my contractor to make the decision and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Save worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the fanciest system on the market in Champaign.
- When you get your next monthly utility bill, what do you anticipate you’ll discover?
- It will cost more. My HVAC bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be similar to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I see it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Dig out my toolbox and kill a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Bring in a skilled technician to check it out.
- Ignore it and pray it stops.
Now tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are helping you out. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for down the road. But if you replied to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Read on to learn how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Book Yearly Maintenance While replacing your air filter and cleaning your vents are essential tasks to ready your system for a new season, a professional maintenance visit is helpful to complete the process. During a seasonal visit, your professional technician will manage a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency pro will look out for more severe problems for your HVAC. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Work with an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained heating and cooling systems can have complications on occasion. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that much needed service to homeowners at no other cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some HVAC systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Build a strategy now to bypass last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It brings you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your electricity bills can present more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a stable hike in your expenses but no change in home comfort, something is likely occurring with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Act when you detect a strange noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than annoying. It is telling you something is wrong with your HVAC. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left without professional help it could make for a costly repair in the future. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to diagnose and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a bit when you don’t maintain it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, extra costs and annoyance. And if your system just isn’t doing its job anymore, think about installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!