How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Champaign?
Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioning suddenly goes out. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a service technician to arrive. Such a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC specialists strongly suggest servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, preventing potential issues and lengthening its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time of year. This enables you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to increasing cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioner tune-up is a thorough process involving several steps. This is why DIY servicing is not suggested. Here are some key parts of the work performed during a routine service visit:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your home every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less energy to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your AC unit every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, annual AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To optimize your savings, consider investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with skilled specialists, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.