Summer is usually a hectic time of year for many folks in Champaign. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Champaign heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Champaign heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Chief / Bauer Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Champaign heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Champaign temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.