Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Champaign, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few things to consider, as well as the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Chief/Bauer Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you replace both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the best efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and lowering your yearly energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a special deal as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Chief/Bauer Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 217-689-2469 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.