Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Champaign, you may be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few things to consider, as well as the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Chief/Bauer Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you replace both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any big imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your family more comfortable and lowering your yearly energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you could even be eligible for a discount as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Chief/Bauer Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 217-689-2469 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.