The Value of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature drops and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more and more, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Being sure that your furnace operates at peak efficiency this winter enhances your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a little more about what this crucial preventive task involves and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Included in Annual Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance appointment is a reliable way to get your heating system up to par. Although the exact tasks depend on the brand and age of your system, you can typically expect your technician to do the following:
- Inspect and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can clog the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it restores optimal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Making sure these valves are completely open and performing correctly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Examine the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can result in carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s essential to check that no cracks are present.
- Assess and tighten electrical elements: Loose connections can make your system dangerous and inefficient. The good thing is, tightening them is a fast and simple process.
- Clean the blower: A grimy blower affects your furnace’s ability to move warm air through your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan assures the best airflow.
- Change the air filter: Clean air filters ensure necessary airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a clogged air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also improves indoor air quality if you set up a filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace looks like it is running fine, is it still useful to schedule a maintenance tune-up? Here is why that’s the case:
- Reduce mid-season breakdowns: Nothing is worse than waking up on a freezing winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Mid-season breakdowns are upsetting and can leave you scrambling to find a repairman. Annual furnace maintenance lowers the likelihood of unexpected problems because your technician inspects every part of your system, catching minor issues before they snowball into costly repairs.
- Less expensive repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in affordable, scheduled maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Lengthen your furnace’s life expectancy: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives annual tune-ups will likely last longer than an ignored heating system. Annual maintenance helps you avoid the expense of premature furnace replacement by increasing your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system works smoothly and efficiently. When all the components are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your household warm. This lowers your energy bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Healthier indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air worsens allergies and respiratory issues. The air filter in your furnace collects dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these issues. During a maintenance visit, the technician will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air circulates through your home.
- Boosts safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, it also could be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or faulty gas valves can produce potentially deadly carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been inspected for any possible safety issues should give you a secure feeling this winter.
What Season Should You Set up Your Maintenance Visit?
To enjoy the most benefits, it’s best to arrange annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill sets in. This is a way to make sure any issues are resolved before you need to rely heavily on your heating system.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Maintenance Between Formal Visits
Though professional maintenance is vital, you can do several tasks yourself to make sure your furnace operates smoothly between visits:
- Replace the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and unblocked for system balance.
- Vacuum the exterior of the furnace with the brush attachment to keep it clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance tune-up, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is an HVAC company you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting answers to all your heating and cooling dilemmas. We’re proud to deliver solutions to everyone we can and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in your everyday life and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To get the most out of your heating system, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay wonderfully comfortable in any season or climate. But while centralized systems supply a handy way to control the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Popular Heating Myths Debunked
There are plenty of myths out there about home heating that cause confusion and inefficient furnace use. It’s time to clear up these common misconceptions. Here, the heating authorities at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing debunk the eight most common myths to keep your home... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe.... Continue reading