The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you might first think about going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets pricey almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water much more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Chief/Bauer Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap water, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main after severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Chief/Bauer Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Chief/Bauer Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.