Your HVAC equipment is vital to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a constant supply of healthy, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to ask for tune-ups with Chief/Bauer Service Experts, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment often progress gradually. When a technician checks the internal components annually, it’s possible to find and take care of smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Smaller repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety assessment during every visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running as intended.
- Protect your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the quickest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are occasionally unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you dissatisfied, our technician will return to make things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Chief/Bauer Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and work with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Chief/Bauer Service Experts office today.