Preventing it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Doing correct safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Champaign.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when operated right but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by booking annual furnace maintenance with Chief/Bauer Service Experts.