Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Completing correct safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Champaign.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when operated right but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working correctly, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by booking routine furnace maintenance with Chief/Bauer Service Experts.