If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are worried they could be due to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in many instances the homeowner is on the hook. Luck for you, the team at Chief / Bauer Service Experts are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we pride ourselves on getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of projects around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Champaign codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Chief / Bauer Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to do a variety of gas line projects in the Champaign community, so no job is too much for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are headed your way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Chief / Bauer Service Experts to set up a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 promptly if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have an odor and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Invest in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks immediately.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.