End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Champaign Home
An ordinary home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year because of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to catch. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go undetected for too long.
A water leak can be expensive. You’re paying for surplus water you don’t want, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s important to detect and repair minimal leaks.
Chief/Bauer Service Experts is here to help you achieve just that. We have the knowledge for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Champaign.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and fixing leaks are the most common calls we take for plumbing services. Catching a leak ASAP can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks can be more difficult to find than others, but there are a couple telltale signs that you need to contact a plumber in Champaign. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is higher than normal.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your tub, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls appear wet or soft.
- You see water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion by your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you suspect you have a leak but can’t find the proof, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is commonly a triangular dial or small silver disc. If the dial is spinning, you probably have a leak.
We can identify the origin of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are numerous spots you could notice a leak.
Leaks can be caused by broken seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, clogs and more.
They usually are spotted:
- On water supply lines and connections underneath the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly models that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you discover evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 217-689-2469 or request an appointment online.