According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The estimated cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Chief / Bauer Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to avoid sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Champaign don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Chief / Bauer Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and expertise to take care of everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or become congested, don’t hesitate to call us at 217-689-2469
the moment you notice a problem to evade as much, sometimes pricey, damage to your house and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are disposing of trash properly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will result in a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can lead to a backup.
- Have Chief / Bauer Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Chief / Bauer Service Experts to look for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Chief / Bauer Service Experts today at 217-689-2469
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.