Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Champaign
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s working correctly so your Champaign basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can stop draining for a couple of different reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, get in touch with the Experts at Chief/Bauer Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Insufficient maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to make sure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, dump a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump starts and pulls out the water quickly.
- During drought-like weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Chief/Bauer Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to protect your home from water damage, trust the Experts at Chief/Bauer Service Experts to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 217-689-2469 or schedule an appointment online.