When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s needs in Champaign. A tankless water heater is a decent choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to operate.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it travels to the tap, where you then have hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for big homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be high enough to handle a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most homes in the Champaign area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters hardly ever run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power needed to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you decrease the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Chief / Bauer Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Champaign home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 217-689-2469
or request an appointment with us online.